**Greetings flight simmers! Update 0.7.1 is now live! **
NOTE: BEFORE DOWNLOADING, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THIS MOD IS STILL A WIP AND I WILL ADD/IMPROVE ALL THE MISSING DETAILS ASAP. THANKS!
Dear flight simmers,
Welcome to Doha city and Hamad airport 2.0!
A SHORT DESCRIPTION ON HOW THIS PROJECT HAS BORN:
In collaboration with @Risuali, one year ago i've taken the decision of improving his work on Doha called "Doha City and lite airport". At the start, the original project was to improving only the night illumination for the skyscrapers presents in the city; but very soon i realized the more i was working, the more i wished to start working for the OTHH airport as well. I spotted a lot of potential into Risuali's work and later on we decided to create even a small team formed by various talented and interested simmers that joined us later on! We decided to call our team "The Doha Skyline Team". This name was choosen because of my first intentions to post the work just as a basic enhancement for the city skyline.
So WE, as The Doha Skyline Team, are excited to present to you "Doha City and Hamad Airport 2.0"!
THE DOHA SKYLINE TEAM ACTUAL MEMBERS:
@Risuali, @Chris B, @Mriya, @JKaled, @a7_Imu, @QNH997
Have talent in Blender/modeling? Interested on helping?
Anyone is free to join us anytime!
Thanks to this new 2.0 version, you will experience significant improvement of visuals and features compared to the first version of Risuali's Doha's MOD.
So here everything we worked on so far for now:
DOHA CITY SKYLINE:
- Added night illumination and anti collision lights to the entire city skyline;
- Added compatibility with IronSim skyline;
- Port areas enhanced;
- Doha old airport OTBD lite enhancement;
- Qatar coastlines improved with watermask (still faulty).
OTHH HAMAD AIRPORT:
- Runways, aprons, taxiways and gates completely rebuilted;
- Approach water bridges redone from zero;
- Added accurate gate ground marking, dirt and tire marking;
- Added the possibility to call a fuel truck for your aircraft (for MFS default ground services);
- GSX OTHH Custom profile available (separate download);
Using GSX plus my GSX custom profile for OTHH will bring more realistic ground operations, including VDGS system for almost all the gates, underground refueling and realistic local ground services vehicles, including Qatar Airways and QACC catering vehicles.
- Taxiway signs rebuilted and replaced;
- Illuminated windsocks;
- Several worksite areas;
- Fully redone Qatar maintenance hangar (by @Risuali);
- Guard lights implemented (gently delivered by @QNH997);
- Runways's approach lights rebuilted/improved;
- PAPI lights system added and tested;
- Airport coastlines improved with rocks, street lamps, roads, VOR infrastructures and ILS antennas;
- Lots of AI buildings replaced with best ones (more to come);
- Main terminal Asobo jetways positions completely replaced and improved;
- New optional download available using GSX custom glass jetways (for GSX users only);
- Improved quality of aprons/roads pavementation;
- Countless amount of scenery objects added everywhere around aprons and gates: fences, static aircrafts, containers, manholes, bushes, palm trees, cars, ground services and much more;
- Overall airport night illumination improvements.
IMPORTANT ADDICTIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND NOTES (PLEASE READ EVERYTHING TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDINGS!)
1) Drag "Doha 2.0" folder into your "Community" folder.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT A MOD INTENDED TO WORK ALONE; These 3 addictional MODS will bring some more features like:
- Mikea.at AssetPack and SDR pack for some objects around the airport:
- Karuchie asset for new anti collision lights for the skyscrapers and the water approach bridges:
2) If you can't see some buildings of the worksite area, the VOR system model or the various parking tents make sure you have installed from the content manager:
- World update 1 of Japan;
- OMDB Dubai from Asobo Premium Deluxe version.
3) For the city skyline, most of the buildings will be the the right ones but note a few skyscrapers may be generic ones or being taken from other cities.
GSX OTHH CUSTOM PROFILE INSTALLATION
To install and use the GSX custom profile, you will find a separate download once you click into "Donwload 0.7".
The separate download is called "OTHH GSX custom profile"; once downloaded and unzipped, drag the "othh-hcwl_f.ini" file contained inside into the following directory:
Users > AppData > Roaming > Virtuali > GSX > MSFS
ISSUE 1: You'll notice there is a lackness of details somewhere around the airport; this is because i'm still working on it! I have some free time only during the weekends so please stay tuned and keep following my work as i will deliver to you several updates to improve everything as soon as it will be possible. Once all the details will be completed, this is not a finished product! The more the SDK will evolve with more features, the more we'll keep optimizing and improving our works!
ISSUE 2: Emiri Terminal side is closed since update 0.5 because of the lackness of too much details! Work will start for this area ASAP!
ISSUE 3: Watermask areas are currently without water due to SDK current limitations;
ISSUE 4: Lights and anticollision lights for a few objects/city skyline may not be renderered;
Fix 1: Get closer to the interested location;
Fix 2: Make sure all the addictional recommended assets are installed as well.
ISSUE 5: GSX custom jetways are not working correctly and could be spawned "in pieces".
To fix this, open the FSDT Live Installer, then go into "config". Turn OTHH jetway enhancement off and make sure to enable the "extra ground clutter" option. If this still does not solve the issue, make sure the OTHH airport is placed in the disabled section contained into the Jetway configuration section.
Special thanks to:
@Risuali and @Chris B, the original authors of the first version of this MOD, of the handcrafted buildings of Doha city/airport , of the static aircrafts/Qatar Airways ground services and of the skyline lights.
@Mikea.at , @Sergio Del Rosso, @colinj and @Karuchie, authors of various addictional asset packs!
Thanks for your interest and enjoy! :)