Some libraries are required for this scenery to display as intended! Please see Dependencies!
Before leaving a rating, please consider that this is currently a development release and not everything is going to be perfect! Please help out by reporting any issues in the comments below! (Also, see Know Issues, below)
Located in Polk City, Florida, Fantasy of Flight is home to Kermit Weeks collection of vintage aircraft.
This scenery is based on the original FSX scenery by Vassilis “Dimus” Dimoulas, and has been "converted" to MSFS with his permission! Although I say converted, the models and their textures are the only thing that remains from the original scenery. The airport has been rebuilt from the ground up using MSFS native models, materials, and more!
Improvements have also been made to the original objects, improving performance by reducing drawcalls and adding LoDs. Some models have also seen some other improvements, including fixes and increased texture resolution by means of AI software.
As of now, this release currently includes the following features:
- 15cm/px aerial imagery - Color-matched to the surrounding Bing imagery.
- 3-Meter Digital Elevation Model.
- Many custom models, including buildings and static aircraft.
- Detailed placement of object libraries, including vegetation, fences, clutter, animals (static), and more!
- Requires the latest version of Emerald Object Library.
- Includes improved road and markings: Broadway Blvd SE (559), which runs along the entrance to FoF.
- Improvements to many lakes and ponds in the surrounding area.
The "esd-airport-fa08-fantasy-of-flight" folder should be placed into your MSFS "Packages\Community" folder. The addon scenery will load the next time you start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
This scenery is based on the original FSX scenery by Vassilis “Dimus” Dimoulas. Emerald Scenery Design has obtained permission to bring his creation to MSFS and credits him for his outstanding work!
Fantasy of Flight is currently a dev release, which is only available to download at flightsim.to. If you find this addon uploaded anywhere else other than this source, please report it to me via PM on flightsim.to or contact me through the following form (https://emeraldscenerydesign.com/contact/). Redistribution of this addon is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
Before commenting, please understand that this is a development release, which is not perfect! The following are current known issues:
- Some models (such as runway warning signs) are not placed as accurately as they could be. This is because each model places 2 signs at once. This will be fixed in the future, but requires a complete overhaul of the model.
- Photogrammetry is available in the area. The scenery will work with it, but there will be some slight elevation differences that may cause certain objects to float, as well as other cosmetic issues. I have tried to mitigate this as best I can in v0.5.0, however Asobo will ultimately need to address issues with photogrammetry.
- The airport name currently displays as the old designation. This has been corrected in the scenery, however MSFS does not update this information for existing airports at the moment.