This enables a small floating window that will display the current sim rate. Flow Pro required.
I designed the window to be small and unobtrusive so I leave it on all the time and it can be dragged anywhere on the screen.
New features 1.4:
- When hovering over the simrate window use your mouse scroll wheel to change the size of the window and it will remember it. This allows you to make the window/text smaller or larger quickly.
- Double clicking on the window will hide it so not necessary to bring up the wheel anymore just to remove window.
- FPS counter improved a bit (but still may lag behind other counters such as your GPU counter)
- Below FPS threshold (currently 15 fps) color will change from blue to yellow. This is customizable in the JS file along with other colors (see below for more detail).
To show/hide the sim rate window just click on the tile to toggle or use Otto: "sim rate on" or "sim rate off"
//42 provides Sim Rate +/- widgets but I use control mappings to change the sim rate since I do it often during long flights.
If you have this always enabled consider adding it to the new Flow "Ghost Wheel" so it doesn't take up space in your primary wheels. Can still be enabled/disabled via Otto.
To install simply unzip folder and make sure the folder p42-util-flow-wasabidad-simrate is in your Community folder either directly or via addons linker.
Update from previous version
Sometimes there are problems having flow register a new version if you have a previous version installed. I believe the easiest workaround is to simply delete the old widget and then re-add the new one.
Settings available on the tile
- Use colors (on by default) will apply different text colors to various sim rates and fps. You can customize the colors if you want (see below).
- Display x1 (on by default) will show "x1" when there is no acceleration. I turn this OFF once I've dragged the window where I want so it's practically invisible unless acceleration is used.
- Limit to x16 (off by default). When checked if you increase the sim rate beyond x16 it will throttle it back automatically. I find bad things happen in most planes above x16 so leave this on to prevent accidentally going above x16.
- Show fps (off by default). When checked will show the frame rate (fps) next to the sim rate.
- Hide in drone cam (off by default). When checked will hide the sim rate window when camera is in drone mode.
I welcome all feedback and suggestions. Thank you.
Note about customizing colors
All of the custom colors are defined at the very top of the JS file as constants so they are easy to change.. Here is a link to the list of valid html color names: https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp
Once you have modified the widget if there are future updates you'd need to re-apply your color changes so you should save your block of colors somewhere. If you run into problems you can delete the widget and re-install by copying the original p42-util-flow-wasabidad-simrate folder back into Community. Hope that is useful for those who want to try changing the colors.
There are other ways to define html colors (e.g. rgb values) but for that google can provide more tech details if you need them.