In the recent MS/Asobo Q&A livestream (FEB 2023), the team discussed scenery tears at airports, which cause ripples in runway pavement. This is the phenomon that causes issues on RW20L in this scenery and is native to the sim's scenery generation. MS/Asobo said they are working on a solution to this problem, but it requires manual fixing one airport at a time. Not sure if KSNA is on their list to fix. Video linked here, go to 27:45 for the discussion:
V2.0.1 - Various quality of life fixes, like deleting redundant taxiway signs, moving taxiways signs to more correct location, a little terraforming.
V2.0 - Numerous additions and revisions, including:
- Added Helistream Heliport on west side of airfiled (just outside the fencing), modeled in blender with BPR textures
- Revised perimeter fencing
- Added John Wayne signage on corner of Campus Dr and Airport Way, modeled in blender with PBR textures
- Replaced all palm trees with more accurate SoCal style palm trees (previously used tropical style palm trees)
- Revised main terminal model roof to improve the screen door effect visual artifact seen from certain angles (it's still there, but the angle in which it shows up is much steaper now)
- Revised textures for numerous blender models
- Revised model for the executive hangars on the east side of the airfield
- Revised all taxiway signs correcting for format, placement, size and added missing taxiway signs
- Added a ton of new ground textures including pavement cracks, runway skid marks, etc
- Added new details throughout using library assets
NOTE 1) The Helistream Heliport model is contained within the ksna_v_2 folder. You do not need to install the 10CL folder. Installing the 10CL folder will add the Helistream pad to the in-game map and can be selected as the starting point for a helicopter flight.
NOTE 2) I still cannot resolve the tear at the end of RW 20L, see my explenation above.
V1.10 - Added new PBR textures to control tower, FED/UPS buildings and various hanger models. Revised existing models to add more details. Cleaned up some scaling issues. Cleaned up model vertices count.
V1.9.01 - Added red anti-collision lights
V1.9 - Changed ACIJet on North side of airport to Clay Lacy. Updated textures on ACIJet South.
V1.8 - Cleaned up some foliage in the area immediately around the airport. Added some 3D trees here and there. Mostly I tried to fix that dang terrain glitch at the end of 20R... still cannot.
V1.7 - Reduced height of light towers throughout scenery package. Added parked cars in the Main St Parking lot (across the 405). (still cannot fix the terrain glitch at the end of RW20)
V1.6 - Added models for the hangers on the East side of the airfield (between Atlantic and ACIJet). Added some additional details around the airport. Fixed a few errors with some of the fencing.
V1.5 - Added additional details to the terminal model and ACIJet models. Added additional details around the field. Finished all the fencing.
V1.4 - Added details to the cargo ramp, including the FEDEX and UPS buildings along with various cargo containers and loading equipment. Also added lighting and walled areas.
Changed terminal lighting from cold to warm temperature.
Changed and adjusted fencing in various areas.
Fixed model and texture errors on the main terminal
V1.31 - Error fixes, including:
- Color corrected various buildings
- Tweaked locations of some fences
- Corrected scaling issues in the blender models, resulting in late model loading in the sim (the model would not spawn until almost ontop of it). Specifically, the center diamond area of the main terminal. I went ahead of rescaled all of the models to 1:1 to ensure all scenery assets load at the same distance.
NOTE: I am aware of the uneven pavement at the end of RW20L. I am not able to correct that at this time as it does not show up in developer mode.
V1.3 - Additional objects, including:
- Added hand modeled main terminal and adjacent parking structures
- Added lighting around terminal
- Finished off last few feet of fencing
V1.2 - Added additional objects, including:
- Hand modeled ACIJet FBO facility on the east apron
- Added additional parked cars throughout the scenery
- Completed all fencing around the airport up to about 200ft from the terminal
- Added additional lighting
V1.1 - Added additional buildings, including:
- Hand modeled Atlantic FBO facility
- Hand modeled Lyon Air Museum
- Hand modeled Martin Aviation/Leading Edge Avioinics facilities
V1.0 - Updated scenery package for John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana CA (heart of The OC), including:
- Hand modeled airport fire station
- Hand modeled control tower
- Hand modeled GA parking stall cover/canopies
- Hand modeled ACIJet FBO facility on the west apron
- Placed some fences (more to come in future updates)
- Replaced generic AI buildings with closely matching library buildings