This is a series of mods that replaces GNS530/430 GPS units with a PMS50 GTN650 in selected aircraft. I want to give a shout-out to JayDee, without whose 'JDs PMSGTN750 on Others' mod mine would not be possible. Thanks JayDee, for paving the way!
JayDee's mod is great, but for older eyes like mine, a GTN750 in a GNS530 bezel can be hard to read. I found the GTN650 much easier to read in that bezel, and so created a series of mods that replace the GNS530 with GTN650. Another thing I like versus the GTN750 in the GNS530 bezel: the map area is in widescreen aspect ratio with not much vertical space, which isn't ideal if you use Track Up map orientation. The GTN650 in a GNS530 bezel presents a square(ish) map with more vertical headroom.
The GTN650 replacement pack currently includes 32 replacement mods.
Thanks to JayDee for granting permission to use his work in my WBSim C172 mod, which makes the GPS/NAV switch work correctly.
- Aero Vodochody 145
- Antonov AN-2 (MS / AT Simulations)
- Antonov AN-225 (MS / Inibuilds)
- Beech 18 (MS / Carenado)
- BN2 Islander (Blackbox)
- BN2A Trislander (Blackbox)
- Boeing 307 Stratoliner (MS / Aeroplane Heaven)
- C172 Classic (MS / Asobo)
- C172 WB Sim (WB-SIM) (updated)
- Canso PBY-5A (FrenchVFR)
- DC-3 (MS / Aeroplane Heaven) (see Special Note below)
- DHC-2 Beaver (MS / Blackbird)
- Fokker F28 (JustFlight)
- Ford Trimotor (MS / Aeroplane Heaven)
- JRF-6 Goose (Big Radials)
- Latecoere 631 (MS / BlueMesh)
- Messerschmitt BF-109 (FlyingIron)
- Misubishi Heavy Industries MU-2 (MS / Inibuilds)
- P-38 Lightning (FlyingIron)
- Shorts Regional - all variants (Blackbox)
- Spartan 7W Executive (HCG)
- Spitfire Mk IX (FlyingIron)
- Transall C160 (Azurpoly)
- Zenith 701 (SimWorksStudios)
- Alouette III (Taog's Hangar)
- 222B (CowanSim)
- 500E (CowanSim)
- Bell 47G (FlyInside)
- H125 (CowanSim)
- HCG Hurricane HC-450N
- Mini-500 (GotFriends)
- SA315B Lama (Taog's Hangar)
To make this addon work, you first need to have the following installed in your community folder:
- PMS GTN750: https://pms50.com/msfs/
- ZZZ JD 00 GTN750 MAIN MOD 2.0: https://flightsim.to/file/13415/jds-gtn750-on-gns530-mod
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THE DC-3
The mod only supports the three retrofit liveries provided with the DC-3. Other retrofit liveries, whether the Bonus Pack from Aeroplane Heaven or those from 3rd parties, will need to have their panel.cfg file replaced with one that includes the GTN units. A replacement panel.cfg and installation instructions are provided in the "GTN650 mod for DC-3 Liveries" folder.
NOTE: If you have previously downloaded one of my GTN mods for the Alouette, Mini-500, 222B or Spartan, please delete it and replace it with one from this pack.