Des Moines International Airport is a small international airport in central Iowa, United States. It is served by all three US major airlines as well as Allegiant Air, Southwest Airlines and Frontier Airlines. First built in the 1930s as a small local airport, it has since expanded to become the a major player for commercial aviation in Iowa.
This is a detailed representation of all taxiways, runways, and parkings at the airport based on 2022 Google Maps data, 2021 Bing Maps data, 2023 personal experience and 2023 FAA airport diagrams.
- Accurate taxiway placement, signs, materials and names
- Accurate apron placement, signs, materials and markings
- Accurate parkings with custom markings, materials and correct jetway placement
- Accurate runways with correct materials, markings, VASI and approach lights
- Replacement of some buildings for accuracy
- Extra ground clutter based on real equipment density
- Redone cargo area with some autogen buildings replaced and fixes to road positioning and new aprons/taxiways
- FSLTL static aircraft at some parkings (see the User Guide for important info)
Read the included user guide before use.
FSLTL Traffic Base (download via FlyByWire Installer (click me to download)) REQUIRED for static aircraft. If not installed, random ground service equipment may appear.
World Update II is required to see the control tower.
Asobo's KSEA must be installed to see the cargo building.
VirtualFRA's wonderful EDDF should be installed to see hold short flashers.
A GSX profile is included in the package (open folder "GSX") containing all passenger and cargo gates with custom pushbacks where required.
Installation Instructions: Press Win+R, type "%APPDATA%" and hit enter. Go to folder virtuali -> GSX -> MSFS and drag the file "kdsm-j747sim.ini" into the folder. Note: Disabling jetway replacement for this airport in the FSDT Installer is required.
Some older versions of the airport are included in the package if you prefer to use one of those.
Much time and effort was put into making this airport the best that it could be. Hope you enjoy it!
(If any 3D modellers would be willing to create a simple rendition of the airport terminal with accurate textures, I would love to put it in and credit you for it. Thanks!)
- Ground tile size/direction are not prefect
- Parking positions are not perfect
- Some generic hangars need replacement
- Nostatic version not available
(c) 2023 Jetlover747. Assets property of Asobo Studio, Jetlover747, VirtualFRA, and FSLTL.