Placerville airport is located in the heart of the Sierra Nevada foothills and a common plan B for pilot diverting when Lake Tahoe is not accessible. The airport is located on top of a bluff, so you can practice your aircraft carrier landings. There's a lot of parking spaces and a very practicable fueling island. EAA Chapter 512 as well as Skywagons (aircraft sales and brokerage) are hosted at the field. You can also have a look at inside the Ragtime Aero hangar.
- Huge amount of work on elevation of the whole airport but also on small areas around and inside the perimeter
- Hard work blending all revised new airport textures with the underlying satellite images
- All fences around the airport (thanks to vectorplacement SDK features)
- Add specific taxiway signs (noise abatement extrapolated from ground charts, if you have their exact meanings let me know)
- Add Helipad H1 located on north side of runway 05 end
- Add the Hangtown VOR-DME (objects)
- Add the Windtee customized for KPVF and the weather sensors
- Add thousand of small objects to make the airport a more living and immersive environment. Mostly with stocked objects which requires no 3rd party library installation except World Updates. See requirements below.
- Add several open hangars (with some jewels inside) replacing AI generated.
- My scenery works better in daylight: invite yourself to the EAA - Chapter 512 summer meeting. Don't forget to bring deserts, Chapter provides hot dog and hamburgers
- Special attention to buildings : EAA Chapter 512, Ragtime Aero and Skywagons.com
- Fix the 4-box VASI runway 5
- Fix the 2-light PAPI runway 23
- Fix the airport beacon tower
- Fix windsock position
- (WIP) Fix taxiway signs. If you know how taxiway name are layed out, drop me a message and I'll fix them.
More info for pilots
Only one runway 5-23, elevation 2,583 MSL, 4,200 feet long by 75 feet wide. 100LL and Jet-A fuel is available at the fuel island. Safety, speed and altitude permitting, on departure from Runway 23, make a 10-degree left turn at the end of the runway (caution to not interfere with the left downwind 5. No turns North or West prior to 3400 MSL or clear of noise sensitive area. No mid-field departures.
- Skyvector: https://skyvector.com/airport/PVF/Placerville-Airport
- Airnav: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KPVF
I noticed that on my configuration that REX Accuseason raises up trees size too high on final approach path 23. My scenery works with the default trees and with Accuseason set to "Short Height" in Vegetation height of Options.
- Sedona scenery (free included in standard MSFS)
- World Update USA 2 and X
- World Update Canada
A huge thank you to Windhover (https://flightsim.to/profile/Windhover) who share his Open Hangar Library and allows me to tune it for this Placerville scenery. But no need to install anything extra. Just a BIG THANK YOU : https://flightsim.to/file/26325/open-hangar-library
A second THANK YOU to Helijah that freely share low poly static aircraft GLTF models, initially developped for Flight Gear, the freeware sim. It helps replacing the default static and make more this scenery a little piece of unique experience (hopefully). Check the warbirds at the fuel island and some inside hangars. Hope you enjoy!
Author's final note
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. The scenery is inspired by aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It's a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. I did my best, based on online videos and pictures freely available. It uses also a lot of stocked object as my skill in 3D buildings creation is very limited. If you have local pictures to help being more accurate, please let me know!