Knott's Berry Farm is a 57-acre theme park located in Buena Park, CA, close to the border of Orange and Los Angeles counties. Starting as a roadside attraction and restaurant along Beach Blvd. in the 1920s, the park has grown to include roller coasters, water rides, and an authentic replica Old West ghost town. The Knott family owned and operated Knott's Berry Farm until 1997, when they sold it to Cedar Fair, who still runs the park at present.
As of 2022, the park is home to the tallest free-standing structure in notoriously suburban Orange County: the 312-foot tall Supreme Scream drop tower; as well as GhostRider, the longest wooden roller coaster on the West Coast.
- Fully hand modeled re-creation of Knott's Berry Farm with all major rides and buildings, as well as the adjacent warehouses, California Marketplace shops, and hotel. For this initial release, I did some cleanup of the native photogrammetry for the attractions on the east side of Beach Blvd. (Independence Hall, water park, etc.), but haven't yet modeled them. Look for this in a future update.
- LOD models used throughout.
- Customized night lighting (ground lights from native library, various night light enhancements modeled in Blender, aircraft warning beacons/strobes, and night-time textures for many signs and buildings)
- Terrain and vegetation tweaks as needed, including dozens of hand-placed palm trees. Autogen vegetation is optimized for Bijan Hibashi's 4 Seasons pack, but compatible with the base sim. Note that for the palm trees to show up, you must have the free World Update 10 (USA) installed. (Special thanks to mistercoffee1 for his help on this!)
- Landmark/POI marker placed on World Map
Download the ZIP file and extract the "whitearcades-knottsberryfarm" folder to your Community folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community
For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
How To Donate
If you enjoy this addon or my other scenery addons, please consider using the PayPal link below or on my profile page to donate. I make scenery addons for the fun of it, not specifically looking to monetize my work, but keep in mind that putting these sceneries together requires a significant investment of time, effort, and even some research, and every bit helps.
Thanks, and enjoy!
Other Scenery By Me
(List is too long to individually link each one, but you can find them all by going to my profile or by doing a search)
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Over Texas
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Globe Life Park (new Texas Rangers ballpark)
Golden Gate Bridge Night Lighting Enhancements
Bay Bridge Night Lighting Enhancements
San Mateo Bridge
Richmond - San Rafael Bridge