Cedar Point is a 364-acre amusement park located on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio. Opened in 1870, it is considered the second-oldest operating amusement park in the United States. Known as "America's Roller Coast," the park features a world-record 71 rides, including 17 roller coasters – the second-most in the world. [Wikipedia]
Features (version 2.0.0)
- Full recreation of Cedar Point amusement park and immediate surroundings (inc. causeway, marina, Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point Shores waterpark). This package contains a mix of hand-crafted and photogrammetry models; as of version 2.0 all roller coasters and large rides are fully hand-modeled and textured, along with many buildings (see below); the remainder are cleaned up and color corrected versions of existing Google photogrammetry models.
- LOD models used throughout
- Some terraforming to restore the breakwater around the marina as well as the long jetty on the far NW end of the peninsula. New in Update 2.1: Extensive shoreline corrections along the Cedar Point peninsula and around Sandusky Bay, to correctly show piers, marinas, breakwater/jetties, etc.
- Retouched tree placement throughout
- Hand-placed boats in the marina (optionally included as a separate package in this download), using MSFS-native static models.
- Accurate aircraft warning beacons and strobes on Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, Windseeker, and Power Tower. Customized night lighting for many coasters and rides.
- Park-wide night lighting enhancements.
- Removed nearby KSKY airport facilities to match updated satellite imagery, and added basic handcrafted buildings for new sports park on site.
New in version 2.1
- Greatly expanded the scope of water corrections in the vicinity of the park now that water polygons are back to working under WU13. Uncovered marinas, piers, and other water features, and fixed various shorelines and ponds along Sandusky Bay.
New in version 2.0
- All wooden-structure roller coasters (Steel Vengeance, Gemini, Blue Streak, Cedar Creek Mine Ride) are now hand modeled.
- All Google 3D models replaced with handmade models for the entrance/midway and marina areas. At this point, all buildings in the front half of the park (i.e. from the park entrance up to Corkscrew) are hand modeled, along with the Hotel Breakers and Lakeside Pavilion areas.
- Newly modeled areas: parking entrance plaza, causeway bridges, Sandusky-side entrance sign, breakwater lighthouse
- Removed Wicked Twister roller coaster (RIP).
- Many flat rides are now hand modeled.
- Model/texturing improvements and material property updates throughout
- All packages recompiled with the most recent SDK.
Other Scenery By Me
(all available on flightsim.to)
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Over Texas
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Globe Life Field
San Francisco Bay Area Bridges (now in one bundled package!)
Downtown LA Bridges
Coronado Bridge (and other San Diego area bridges)
Balboa Park (San Diego) vegetation overhaul
- Download the ZIP file and extract the "whitearcades-cedarpoint," "ksky-sportspark," and (optionally) “whitearcades-cedarpointboats” folders to your Community Folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community
For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Installed size: ~110 MB
(Remember to first delete any previous versions of these that were already in your Community folder.)