- Place the downloaded Community linked folder and it’s sub folders wherever you'd like to manage your Addons from; I put mine outside of the MSFS Folder that contains the Official and Community Folders.Once you've placed it in a location of your choice, simply point Addons linker to the community linked folder included in this download.
- Then, run Addons Linker, once loaded within the Menu Bar up top Navigate to: Tools then Options, when the dialog box appears, under General Tab, look for the ADD Button on the right side, this will open up another Dialog box that will allow you to Browse for Folders, simply navigate to where you placed the Community Linked folder downloaded from here and hit ok.
- Next time you open up Addons Linker, you will see the Community linked Folder downloaded from here and it's sub folders in the Addons Linker UI. You're all done, From this point on simply categorize your Addons Accordingly.
- For more extensive instructions on how to use Addons Linker, please refer to the Addons Linker PDF File provided in the MSFS Addons Linker Addon by BAD2000
- Addons Linker by bad2000 is Required for this to Function --> You can Download it here--> MSFS Addons Linker
Pre-Constructed folder structure to be used with Addons Linker. Greetings to all I've decided to share my newly-reconstructed Add-Ons Linker Folder Structure with others in case they choose to arrange their add-ons in a similiar fashion, for the majority of the region (Not All), I created this using the Add-ons Linker More/Options filter found in the Add-ons Linker scenery map section. This is based on scenery I have Installed. You may modify, change, and adapt this to suit your needs.
VERY INPORTANT: Note: This structure is based on the scenery I have installed. If areas are missing, it's because I don't have any scenery installed for that specific area, so feel free to add to this to adapt it to your needs.
-- Please note that this is merely a Pre-Constructed folder structure I've created to work with Add-ons Linker to assist the community in more effectively organizing their Add-ons ENJOY: :-D
-- Addons Linker by bad2000 is Required for this to Function --> You can Download it here--> MSFS Addons Linker
FOLDER STRUCTURE LAYOUT
- AIRCRAFT: DIVIDED INTO 2 CATEGORIES, BIG AIRLINERS, GENERAL AVIATION
- GLOBAL SCENERY: NOW DIVIDED INTO 7 CONTINENTS: AFRICA, ANTARCTICA, ASIA, EUROPE, NORTHEAST AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, and OCEANIA.
- GLOBAL VFR: TO BE USED FOR ANY VFR SCENERY WITH A MASSIVE GEOPHYSICAL SCOPE
- LIBS: DIVIDED INTO 3 CATEGORIES: COMMON_ASSETS, CUSTOM_ASSETS, AND MISC_ASSETS
- LIVERIES: DIVIDED INTO 2 CATEGORIES, BIG AIRLINERS, GENERAL AVIATION
- MISSIONS: MSFS MISSIONS :-D
- MODS: DIVIDED INTO 4 CATEGORIES, BIG AIRLINERS, GENERAL AVIATION, GPS MODS, MISC MODS
- TERRAIN FIXES: ANY TERRAIN RELATED FIXES :-D
- UTILITIES: REX WEATHER, FLOW, //42 CAMP-OUT ECT
ALSO REGIONAL MAPS HAS NOW BEEN ADDED AS PDF FILE
Additionally, I've separated the United States into its states and regions, and I've also included the map I used to do this. There is a lot of contradictory data regarding the division of the US into regions. I simply settled on this arrangement. Feel free to rearrange it as you like.
Note: as mentioned above, this structure is based on the scenery I have installed. If areas are missing, it's because I don't have any scenery installed for that specific area, so feel free to add to this to adapt it to your needs. There's also a lot of contradictory data regarding the division everywhere else; I used the Add-ons Linker filter feature to divide the rest as best I could based on the add-ons I have installed. Change it as you please to better fit your profile.
For each area, I have included an Airport Folder: Place all airports in here. The reason for this is that on my setup I also added a VFR folder to divide VFR scenery for those specific areas from the Airports. If you wish to do the same, just add a VFR folder just under the Airport folder for that location.That way, when you disable that area, the VFR scenery based on that location will be disabled along with it.
This is optional; if you wish, you can just throw all your VFR stuff in the Global VFR Folder instead.