Chicago Executive Airport (ICAO: KPWK), is a public airport 18 miles (33 km) northwest of Chicago, Illinois, United States. In 1953 the airport was purchased by George J. Priester, who developed the airport over the next 33 years, installing paved runways, lighting, hangars and an air traffic control tower. On October 17, 2006 Palwaukee Municipal Airport was renamed Chicago Executive Airport.
The airport can handle executive jets in the 20-seat range, such as the Grumman Gulfstream and the Bombardier Challenger. Occasional military transport aircraft, such as the Lockheed C-130, use the airport when carrying service members to local facilities such as Great Lakes Naval Training Center or the North Chicago V.A. Hospital. In 2007 Chicago Executive's management created a public viewing area east of the south end of Runway 16-34 along Palatine Frontage Road, with lighted parking, a picnic table, and bleacher seating.
Highlights of this Add-on:
- 1. Recreates all of the main hangars around the airport
- 2. Ramada Hotel Tap House restaurannt, and Windy city aviation building next to it recreated.
- 3. Numerous static objects , cars and static aircraft have been placed around the airport.
- 4. Non-PBR textures mean this add-on has a very small file size, will barely take up any disk space on your drive, and will load quickly.
- 5. Runway , taxiway and building textures have been brightly toned and shaded to make them as photorealistic as possible from VFR aerial views
- 6. All taxiways markings are included when using ATC to taxi around the runway.
- 7. Start 'cold and dark' in some of the hangars.
- 8. The Industrial Complex / storage complex on the NorthEast side of the airport has also been added in great detail. (not part of airport but just adjacent and an important VFR visual aid for traffic patterns)
- 9. Atmospheric night lighting of all hangars and parking/ tarmac areas.
- 10. Street lights added for roads surrounding the airport.