Pushback Helper is an application to make push back operations easier.
- No need to contact ATC for the jetway connection
- No need to contact ATC for using push back
- No need to contact ATC for calling fuel truck
- Open and close aircraft doors easily (A320, 787, 747 only)
Extract all files to any location and run PushbackHelper.exe. There is no need to put into the community folder location.
If you wish to auto-launch the app upon the start of MSFS, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the MSFS installation folder and then subfolder LocalCache a) Typically C:\Users[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache b) This can vary depending on install drive or if you have the Steam version.
- In the LocalCache folder, find the exe.xml file and edit with your text editor of choice.
- Add the following snippet under the SimBase.Document tree, but substitute the path of where you installed MSFS Pushback Helper App.
PushbackHelper False [PATH TO PUSHBACK HELPER EXE FILE]
- This is an example of an updated exe.xml file:
Auto launch external applications on MSFS start exe.xml False PushbackHelper False C:\Users\alexj\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\msfs-pushback-helper-app\PushbackHelper.exe
- To show/hide UI press the Page Up key
- To connect or disconnect jetway simply click the Jetway button.
- To call the fuel truck simply click the Fuel button.
- To start or stop push back simply click the Tug button.
- The tug will wait in place until either Forward or Reverse is selected (remove the parking brake first or it will move slowly).
- Once moving, select Left or Right to steer the tug.
Changes Special thanks to alex-johnson for his great work implementing v2.3 and v2.4 features.
- [FEATURE] Adds tug speed setting
- [FEATURE] Adds parking brake button
- [FEATURE] Door buttons added to open/close doors
- [FEATURE] Changed pushback method to new method with forward tug ability
- [FEATURE] Added ability to scale app size
- [BUGFIX] Fix crash on sim disconnect
- [FEATURE] Fuel button added to call fuel truck.
- [FEATURE] Jetway button added to manage jetway connection.
- [FEATURE] Close button added to exit application.
- [FEATURE] Moving UI is possible now. Just hold left click on the gray area between jetway and close buttons to move it.
- [FEATURE] When you close the application last location is being saved and restored when you start application.
- [FEATURE] MSFS connection status text moved to top of aircraft image and it is more readable now.
- [BUGFIX] Crash to desktop when click buttons before app connects to the sim is fixed.
- UI is recreated using WPF
- Shotcut key is defined. Press Page Up to show/hide UI. If you have multiple monitor you can move UI by pressing Shift + Windows + Left or Right arrow keys together.
Project link: https://github.com/metindikbas/msfs-pushback-helper-app